Friday 19 March 2010

All buttoned up!

It's been a busy week -partly due to moving offices at work and partly because I've been preparing for the Homemade and Vintage Fair at Northampton tomorrow. The office move has been particularly frustrating with huge skips being filled and emptied daily with stationery and office equipment - not because it couldn't be used but because "there won't be any room at the new building"! This has gone against the grain for me and I've had to be restrained from hurling myself in to raid it all to put on freecycle or give to good causes. Anyway we're in the new building now and I have the luxury of a full 18 inches in which to manoevre my chair. As someone who likes plenty of space I'm struggling with the sardine concept.



I've taken today off to prepare for the fair tomorrow and have been playing with my buttons and watch faces and making some magnets. I like them on my old rusty tin lid. Quick check to see whether they hold things as well as looking good!



Here's hoping the weather is right for bringing people to the fair. I'm looking forward to it. Pop in if you're in the area.



Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Wend

21 comments:

  1. They look great,
    good luck tomorrow and have fun,
    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow...wish I could be there!

    Bellaboo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wend, you made me laugh with your "sardine concept"..I wish I could borrow you an office, as we have 2 empty rooms at work!
    Hope it will be a successfull day for you at the fair! Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you do well at the Fair! Wish I was closer to be able to pop along!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrible about the waste, but exciting for tomorrow!
    It's raining and I have to load the van!
    See you there
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Wend, Nice to find your blog. Good luck at the fair, and just wish I lived closer!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great - wish I was nearer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clock face magnets. I think one of those will be coming home with me tomorrow. Good luck and have a great day. See you there, Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those magnets are lovely; I'd be delighted to cover my fridge with their colourful charm. It's a shame about the skips. Could you use the magnets to attach notes of protest to the skip?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great magnets. Wishing you a very successful day tomorrow.
    Sorry to hear about the sardine space allocated to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those magnets look really pretty - wish I was closer I'd be at the fair.

    Hope its a good day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these look great Wend - good luck. I know what you mean, I'm always on the lookout for disguarded " rubbish " and would haul half the beach home if I could !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buttons almost as good as chocolates.
    Good luck with the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, even if it rains it'll be spring rain and that's never as bad, so it shouldn't stop the visitors.
    It must have been painful watching all that stuff being thrown. I'd have felt the same. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are brilliant! Good luck! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope the fair is a great success. I am so happy it's fair season again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do hope the fair was a success. Your button magnets are a good deal more attractive than the Homer Simpson ones on our fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope the fair went well for you all.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete