Sunday 3 January 2010

2010 - More art

2010 resolution number 1 - more art...

started with two exhibitions at



David Hockney : including some of his Californian swimming pool paintings. I love this moment frozen in time entitled SPLASH...



and Frances Stark, an American lady new to me, whose art seemed to match her name although I liked this idea of phones which have the semblance of people...



and had to smile that she had taken this a step further with life sized dresses



They smack a little of desperation on the dance floor don't they? Would you like my number? Call me! Call me!

Resolution 2 - more cerebral and less cynical?


Love Wend

8 comments:

  1. lovely new header , love david hockney too , i hadn't heard of francis stark, i mistook phones for nuns/angels too....i think you'll have no problem sticking to those resolutions....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phone dress is magnificent! All call centre staff should be issued with them as office wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hockney too.......... Hadn't heard of Frances Stark either. Re the resolution: don't change a thing! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your number one goal...I need to get more art into my life as well. Many blessings for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the phones look like angels. Maybe my head's still in Christmas decoration mode!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I was never sure if I liked Hockney or not, however at this time of year its a good image! My mum has taken up History of art at the age of 63, so its never too late to start, she comes back and tells me really interesting stuff.
    With regards to my utility armoire, the people that have seen it think that its great, I will be doing more so I think that you should get down to the auction house!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hockney is an absolute fave - resolve to see his 'Trees' at Tate Briton this year - and yes definitely more art, well done for kicking this off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wend, no, no sign of CL yet which as we are going to be snow bound even longer is not an exciting prospect. After skimming through Coast, there is an article on an artist,Maggi Hambling and a fantastic picture of her sculpture "Scallop" on Aldeburgh beach, it's beautiful.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete