Sunday, 20 May 2012

The one about Passe Partout


Last  week I managed to get to a couple of car boots finding some great things. Its a while since I showed you any of my find,s so I'll share what I managed to capture when the sun shone. What I would call a church hall chair which has probably been sat on by many a Womens Institute bottom over the years, a pretty eiderdown and some wonderful womans magazines form the 1920s. 
    

The womens magazines were imaginatively titled Woman's Magazine and have beautiful covers which  would look lovely framed but I'm not sure I can dismantle them so they'll just have to sit on the coffee table.

The adverts are wonderful and I wondered what passe partout framing was until I remembered I'd picked up a little picture which had tape around the edge. 

Imagine my delight when I checked the tins I'd bought and found that one of them wasn't a tin at all but was Passe Partout! How weird that these all came together on the same day so I now know that these pictures with the black tape frames have been framed with Passe Partout!
  

I'm quite tempted to use the Passe Partout tape to reframe one or two pictures as they would have been...   

11 comments:

  1. You have found some great things Wend, I love the magazines. I have a few pictures framed with passe partout and I think they look great. It would be fun to have a go yourself although I guess it may not be as easy as it looks.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely Wend - you can imagine how much I love that embroidery! I am always staggered by the 'stuff' at car boots - I often think how lovely it would be to be 'setting up home' all over again. What a field day we could have!
    Have a sunny day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fascinated by this Wend - I remember having a few Passe Partout framed pictures around as a child - it was something my parents often referred to - I just remember liking the words. Jean Passepartout was Phileous Fogg's valet in Around the World in Eighty Days the name means 'skeleton-key' or 'Go- everywhere", I always though he was named after the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of passe partout tape Wend. I also thought he was the valet in Around the World etc etc so you live and learn. What amazes me is that you can pick up these magazines in a boot sale. Lucky you. I adore old magazines and love looking at the adverts more than anything. Go, have a go at passe partout and show us how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, but that was a "blast from the past". I had to think what passe partout was! Once I saw your photos it all came flooding back. I am with Lesley in lusting after those magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds Wend, especially the magazines. And I've learnt something too as I've never heard of Passe Partout tape either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely finds, love the little picture x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet the magazines are fascinating! I have 3 of Flora Klickman's books - one of fancy stitchery and two for little girls - a Knitting and Crochet one and a sewing one. They are amazing and I don't think little girls today would tackle ANY of the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wend

    I have a wonderful Art Deco picture that is framed with passe partout and sadly the glass has broken - might need to call on you one day when I get around to reframing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apna Showroom Kids' Frock/Skirt Dress – Baby Girls (12–18 Months)

    The Apna Showroom kids' frock/skirt dress for 12–18-month-old baby girls is a top choice for new moms. Crafted from skin-friendly cotton with a soft inner lining and a flared skirt, it ensures both comfort and an adorable look for your little one. The pull-on design makes dressing easy and hassle-free, even during diaper changes. It is perfect for birthdays, parties, or photoshoots Apna Showroom 7 Yantra Vyapar Vridhi - Kuber Yantra - Panchmukhi Hanuman - 12 Jyotirlinga - Gayatri Mantra - Self Adhesive Small Pocket Size Gold Plated Yantra Sticker for Worship, Wallet, Bike, Car, Home, Office
    Apna Showroom Shree Sampoorn Sampurna Vyapar Vridhi Yantra 16 cm X 16 cm - 24 carat swiss gold plate Shri Sampurna Vyapar Vridhi Yantra for Business Growth and Prosperity for Home - Office - Shop
    Apna Showroom Baby Girl Lady Multi Design Mini Hair Claw Clamp Clip Pin For Girls (Pack Of 36 Pcs) Shape Anti-Slip Lightweight Grip Jaw Teeth Clips Child Small Headwear clutcher hair clips
    and is quick to clean with a simple machine wash. Choose Apna Showroom to buy this baby girl frock dress (12–18 months) online. Order today!

    ReplyDelete